General Yoweri Museveni actions and methods of work over the years since he shot his way to power in 1986 has set a very dangerous in terms of Constitutional Governance and Management of National Economy and honestly in the eyes and minds of the right thinking members of society, he can no longer be trusted to lead Uganda except to a catastrophic disintegration as the case of Somalia where ironically Uganda is actively participating to restore sanity. Time is now overdue for the people of Uganda to organize and mobilize through Parliament to invoke the provisions of article 107 of the Constitution to remove General Museveni from the high office of President on grounds of abuse of office, willful violation of his oath of office and above all the Constitution.
General Yoweri Museveni’s abuse of the Constitution and his wanton disregard of the Constitutional order is not surprising or a new phenomenon. It is the very embodiment of his political life. In 1980, Yoweri Museveni contested the multiparty general elections as the leader of the Uganda Patriotic Movement (UPM). He miserably lost the elections including in his own Nyabushozi Constituency (to Sam Kutesa, a member of the Democratic Party then). Instead of challenging the election results in the Courts of law as provided for in the Constitution, Yoweri Museveni just as he had planned since 1965, took up arms and today the Luwero triangle that he created is still littered with skulls in testimony to his military but unconstitutional exploits. Northern and Eastern Uganda, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Sudan all have tested the genesis of the General military mis adventure and exploits.
When General Yoweri Museveni through the barrel of the gun took over power on 25/1/1986, he suspended parts of the 1967 Constitution through the infamous Legal Notice No. 1 of 1986. Worse still, even the parts of the Constitution that he agreed to preserve, including the bill of rights that guaranteed the freedom of association, were routinely abused in the aftermath of capturing State Power following the destruction of the economy of the people of Northern Uganda and Genocidal act of herding our people into concentration camps plus heinous and wizardry acts committed against the citizens of Uganda
To all right thinking members of our society General Yoweri Museveni should have been the last person to violate his own Constitution. . The 1995 Constitution is accordingly, General Yoweri Museveni’s baby. If these wanton constitutional abuses are compared to the defilement and rape of a baby, then we have a pathetic and desperate situation of defilement and rape committed not by a rabid stranger, but by the very father of the baby! Which practices started way back in 1986 before the birth of the 1995 baby?
If I flash back and try to list all the violations of the Constitutional order perpetuated by General Museveni,I can easily write an entire series of books. The list would include for sample purposes the following:
1. The routine violation of people’s rights and freedoms including illegal detention in safe houses, torture and extra judicial killings.
2. Genocide committed against the citizens of Uganda in Northern and Eastern Uganda.
3. The deployment of the UPDF in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) (twice), and Sudan without the authority of Parliament.
4. The attacks on the Courts of law including the infamous black mamba’s rape of the High Court.
5. The grant of loans, guarantees and outright bailouts to so called investors like Basajjabalaba, Tristar and several others without the authority of Parliament.
6. The directives to the otherwise independent Uganda Land Commission to give away public land to investors like in the cases of UBC land, Shimoni school land, Kitante School land and the attempted Mabira forest give away.
7. The routine and corrupt mismanagement of the economy and running down of public infrastructure and social services.
8. The illegal expropriation of private property including ranches and the protection of trespassers on private land.
9. The appointment of Major General J. J. Odongo a serving UPDF officer to cabinet.
10. The illegal re-appointment of Justice Faith Mwonda as IGG.
11. The usurpation of all the Constitutional power of Bank of Uganda and other institutions within the Country
12. Purchase of Junk jets, Helicopters, and other Military hard wares
6. Finally, I call upon the impeachment process being led by Opposition MPS to extend their campaign beyond Parliament. Let the petitioners organize countrywide rallies,launch media offensive and public lectures to sensitize Ugandans about the crimes committed by General Yoweri Museveni
FOR GOD AND MY COUNTRY
UGANDA PEOPLES CONGRESS
NATIONAL YOUTH LEADER
6th Floor Uganda House
Plot 8-10 Kampala Road
P.O Box 37047 Kampala