In the early 1980’s, a young State Attorney called Nyombi made ‘miracles’ by betraying the state he was supposed to represent…30 years later, the man is the same:
1. When A.M.Obote was MoF under President Obote, Foreign exchange was hard to procure. The signature of the MoF was needed.
2. A certain Asian [name withheld] procured forex with a forged Obote’s signature and got the dollars from BoU. It was a scandal of proportions. The Asian escaped to Nairobi, out of the reach of the law, seemingly.
3. The Special Branch [of The Uganda Police] swung into action and lured the Asian back from Nairobi. He was ‘nabbed’ at /near ‘Tank Hill’ [at Reste Coner to be exact] by the CID and soon aligned before Court. Chosen to represent the State of Uganda was one young lawyer, Nyombi.
4. Before Court at Mmengo, facts were presented on file and the culprit was to be sent to Luzira but he asked for bail. When the State was asked whether bail was appropriate, Mr. Nyombi answer, “The State does not object to Mr…’s bail. The culprit was released, jumped bail and never appeared again. At the CID and the the Attorney General’s chambers, there was shock
5. The instruction to Nyombi had been, “No bail under any condition since this man had been extracted from Kenya with difficulty….”.
6. The head of CID then, One Kanywamusayi confronted Nyombi, who had no explanation.”You are a fake lawyer and thief’, cried the CID BOSS. Rumour had it then that Nyombi had been seen in some corners with the agents of the culprit some days before the court date. Interestingly, this betrayal of his institution and country is known by all contemporaries of Nyombi, and even PM Mbabazi should be aware, having been his colleague and the AG’s chamber before.
7. Mother of all questions: WHY WAS A TRAITOR LAWYER CHOSEN TO BECOME THE TOP GOVERNMENT LAWYER, OF AL PEOPLE. Nyombi was born and grew up a ‘fraud’. He should never have been trusted.
So, when he decided to side with a Political party in the case of the four NRM MP rebels against the State he represents, Nyombi should not surprise anybody. It is in his blood.