”Over the last few weeks, a number of serious allegations and pronouncements have been made by the Uganda government against my good name and a number of innocent civilians have been arrested and charged with alleged crimes. As an initial response to these malicious and false allegations I would like to state as follows:
1. I have never ordered the killing of any Muslim cleric in Uganda or of anyone for that matter.
2. I have never financed any killings of any Muslim cleric in Uganda.
3. I have no dealings with the ADF and I have never financed the ADF.
4. I have never formed or been associated with the alleged Federal Alliance rebel group.
5. I have never been involved in any terrorist activities.
6. It is now common knowledge, and I would like to confirm, that I intend to stand against Mr Museveni in the 2016 presidential elections. To this end, my team of brave and vigilant supporters have been traversing the country in a pre-marketing campaign as a prelude to my coming back to Uganda to register and launch my political platform officially. They have been doing this by word-of-mouth and by distribution of my political cards. They have not broken any law. However, the government has harassed many of my supporters, made arbitrary arrests, many have been beaten severely and a number have actually died. The government has now come up with the ridiculous accusations of murder and terrorism to be linked to my name in the hope that this will threaten the population and prevent them from supporting me to oust Mr Museveni, come 2016.
7. My pre-marketing campaign has been under the umbrella of the “Uganda Federal Democratic Organisation” as the proposed political platform. This platform is not a rebel group. This is a political platform and has no links whatsoever to the alleged Federal Alliance rebel group quoted by the government.
8. According to my original schedule, I would have come to Uganda this month, February 2015 or next month March 2015, to officially launch my political platform. Hence the scramble and panic for the government to launch a pre-emptive attack in a bid to try to stop me from launching my political platform. However, I would like to assure all Ugandans that I am not threatened or scared by the government’s machinations and I am prepared at all costs to lead the people of Uganda to freedom so that they can regain their dignity and their country.
Finally, I would like to convey my condolences to all the people that have lost their loved ones. In the end, and hopefully this will be soon, the perpetrators of these heinous crimes will have to answer for these atrocities.
God bless you all.
Dr Aggrey Kiyingi
(Prospective Presidential candidate for 2016)
Consultant Cardiologist and Chairman Uganda Federal Democratic organisation