BY W.B.KYOJOMANYI VIA UAH FORUM
Greetings. I decided to break my long silence to try and educate UAH members about the Kenyan elections won by Mr. Uhuru Kenyatta of Jubilee party with 54.29%. For starters’, the Kenyans elections was free and fair. NASA lost the election pure and simple because they ran a very dumb campaign. Dumb as hell. The big question I want members of UAH to ponder is this: maybe, just may be RAO is the problem. The defeat of NASA was a rout, so severe as they say in Uganda “bawunze/confused” as they try to understand the loss.
You will hear a lot of lies about rigging but here are the facts
1). All Kenyan media houses undertook to tally the elections results. May be I should take you back a bit.
2) Several NASA affiliated civil society activists, Maina Kiai, Tirop and another went to court. What were their prayers? That election results should be announced at the constituency level and should be FINAL. That whatever was counted at the polling station was FINAL and IEBC could not change them even if they contained errors, those errors could only be subject to a court process aka petition.
3) The IEBC appealed to the Court of appeal-their appeal court is very strong- where a 5 judge bench agreed with the high court that the elections announced at the polling station are final and that the IEBC’s role was to simply add results from the 290 constituencies to determine the winner. Obviously each constituency returning officer would have simply added results from the polling stations in their respective constituencies. The IEBC agreed with the Court of appeal.
4) Before voting, the IEBC had said that it would take time to add results from all the 290 constituencies and would simply make one final announcement, declaring the winner. NASA, civil society and the Kenyan media/journalists (many of whom were pro NASA) protested that IEBC was being opaque and urged the IEBC to stream live results as they were fed into the system from the BVR kits immediately after counting. IEBC agreed and went along.
NASA, media houses, Jubilee, civil society groups, NGO etc. had their parallel tallying centers, with computers and IT specialists to ensure the election was credible.
5) When NASA and affiliated civil society saw the live streams and DID not like the figures, they protested that what the IEBC was doing was not proper because they results could not be verified or lacked forms 34Bs. Remember the Court of appeal ruling that whatever was counted at the polling station was FINAL.
6) NASA then claimed that the IEBC system had been hacked by someone using the late Msando’s password. They produced a document purporting to support their allegations. But folks, the document was so sloppy that an average first year law student would have questioned. Whoever prepared the document could not make simple additions. For example, they document claimed that Nyamira-won by UK- had over 2 million voters, which was simply not true. The IEBC rebutted that document so thoroughly and NASA simply could not defend it anymore.
7) NASA then made demands that the IEBC should declare RAO and Kalonzo Musyoka the winner. Apparently NASA had ‘confidential’ information from an insider source within the IEBC that RAO had won with over a million votes. When Musalia Mudavadi made that claims, celebrations broke out in Kisumu.
8) The IEBC chairman, the soft spoken Mr Wafula Chebukati-a Bukusu-addressed the media that NASA’s election claims were NOT true. But think about it. NASA demanding that their candidate be declared the winner without any evidence
9). All candidates were called to the Bomas of Kenya on Friday morning for final briefing on the elections based on the results contained in forms 34Bs from the 290 constituency returning officers. RAO, WSR and others showed up at Bomas.
10), NASA made more demands including a demand to access the IEBC servers. Again no basis in law. FYI, what NASA-a parade of the deplorable-was asking for could only be done with a court order. No such order was presented.
11) RAO and his team left Bomas. WSR too left for KICC.
12) James Aggrey Orengo, Musalia Mudavadi and others addressed a press conference where they attacked the IEBc but most surprisingly the elections observers from the USA/Cater centre, led by Mr John Kerry former secretary of state, Commonwealth Led by Mr Mahama former President of Ghana AU led by Thambo Mbeki and others. It was the lowest moment from NASA. Why did they attack the observers? Because they dismissed their hacking claims and pronounced the results credible. NASA declared they would not be part of the declaration process so they left Bomas. As they say in Uganda, ommuzizzi azimba twe, their departure was not a big deal. Mr Oregngo also declared that NASA would not challenge the results in the supreme Court as advised by Mr John Kerry/ In truth, they had no ground because the election was so transparent that a P 5 chap in Uganda given all the 290s form 34Bs , could add and determine the winner!.
13) Mr Ezra Chiloba-the CEO of the IEBC addressed the media that the Chairman would be making an address to declare the presidential winner.
14) Shortly after President Uhuru Kenyatta left his Gatundu home where had been staying since voting for KICC. Jubilee supporters at KICC and abroad broke into celebrations.
15) The IEBC chairman Mr Wafula Chebukati started addressing the country. He read the results received by each candidate from all the 47 counties plus the Kenyan diaspora in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, TZ and South Africa. That is required by law.
16). Mr. Uhuru Kenyatta and VP William Ruto left KICC for Bomas of Kenya where the y were declared winners and received their certificate.
17) Celebrations and riots broke out simultaneously as Jubilee supporters danced while some, NOT ALL NASA areas rioted.
18) Now some observations.
Given that all political parties ad agents at almost all polling stations, though not all, what did NASA agents witness? What did the civil society document and record? What did their tallies based on tallies from their agents in the field reveal? Again remember the IEBC chairman’s role was to simple add election results as submitted and witnessed by party agents and others observers.
So folks, in a way, the process was very simple: each party to add their figures and compare with what the IEBC would announce at Bomas.
I can tell you for free that the results announced by the IEBC chairman were almost similar to what most media house, political parties at least Jubilee and other interested parties tallied. Today ELOG released their final tally see here
19). How did Uhuru Kenyatta and Jubilee pull it off? They held their strongholds in central, Rift valley, Embu and Meu. They won the small communities in upper Eastern-Isiolo, Marsabit. They won North Eastern, they won Samburu. They won the Masai vote in Kajiado and Narok-UK was endorsed by former TZ PM and opposition leader Mr Edwrda Lowassa, a Masai. They won the Kissi vote in Nyamira and did well in Kisii. Jubilee also did well in Bungoma, and even Kakamega. In many ways, Jubilee flipped former NASA areas. That is why NASA are left wondering what hit them and sulking, like crybabies. Come on.
Bottom line. Mr Uhuru Kenyatta won the Kenyan elections fairly and decisively.
So why would NASA cry foul? Apparently they wanted and may be still want to create chaos to demand a coalition but that won’t happen. Mark you the international community whom NASA is now attacking has said the election was fair, transparent and credit. That sounds like a seal of approval.
Now the big losers. RAO, Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi, Moses Wetangula and Issac Ruto. Collectively they form the parade of the deplorable, whose presidential chances are dead as DODO. But NASA folks relax. Kenyan elections are predictable. RAO will run again in 2022 possibly with Joho as his running mate. Musyoka too wil run because Mutua the Machakos Governor who won his seat and now threatens his grip on Ukambani politics. Musallai Mudavadi too will run. And perhaps Wetangula who may be Kalonzo’s running mate. For Jubilee it wil be William Ruto perhaps with Mr Eugenie Wamalwa as his running mate.
The biggest winners: of course Mr Uluru Kenyatta and Jubilee who won the presidency, a majority of seats for governors (25 plus two friendly independent governors in Isiolo and Laikipia, majority of seats in Senate, 25 plus Jubilee friendly seats from KANU two, PDR one and one independent A majority of seats in parliament with several seats by KANU, Mutua’s; chap chap and several friendly independents.
Other big winners include Anne Waiguru ‘minji minji” as Governor of Kirinyaga, Charity Ngilu of NARC as governor of Kitui, Joyce Laboso, Governor of Bomet, and Joseph Ole Lenku as Governor of Kajiado.
It was only Jubilee which won seats across the country. It won parliamentary seats in all communities expect Luo Nyanza. In fact, Jubilee won the second most seats 8 in Western Kenya, more than RAO’s Odm and Wetangula’s Ford Kenya. It won 5 seats in Kisiii. It won 3 or there about seats in Ukambani. It won two governorships in Coasts, Lamu and Kwale.
There you have the facts. Do not listen to lies that Jubilee rigged. It was impossible to rig.
Final though, be careful with opposition politicians in Africa. They are clueless to appoint where it isnt funny. NASA were only good at dancing on the podium instead of articulating alterative policies. They paid heavy price, so heavy in my assessment it may have single handedly ended the presidential ambitions or should we say pretense of 5 men! Incredible.
Their loss illustrates the Ugandan saying ‘kyotonorya tokyesunga”/you cannot admire what you have not yet swallowed because it may kill. NASA was so sure of victory apparently on the basis of voter registration in their perceived strongholds that at their final rally at Uhuru Park urged their supporters to vote on August 8 and then go to Uhuru Park to prepare for the celebrations and match to state House.
Oh, even their crooked sponsors nicknamed tender entrepreneurs like Jimmy Wanjgi started threatened nation media journalist who did an expose on his corruption scandals that they would see once NASA took office. Pole.